Last week’s snowfall presented the perfect opportunity for me to try out a new menu item. The result: a Bacon Lovers’ Erlebnis — that’s German for Experience — that brings together the best of all worlds! Hearty flavor, that spoons perfectly with rice and white beans.
One of the Bacon Lovers in my life is totally into this!
So, what’s in the Bacon Lovers’ Erlebnis? It basically looks like the picture above, but it tastes like an amazing Italian amatriciana. So, here’s your list of ingredients:
- Speck (Schweinsfleisch aus der CH)
- Onions / Zwiebeln
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce (Remind me to tell you about my recipe book!)
- Fresh herbs / Frische kräutern
Have you seen my cookbook?
I have a little cookbook out and ready for download. It’s called 5 Easy Chef Luna Recipes. You can access it by clicking here, or on the image furthr below.
- A delicious Cabbage Saladrecipe, one of my most popular dishes back in the United States
- Asian-style Green Beans, which is a healthy alternative to the french fry
- Gambas al ajillo, one of my favorite easy-as-hell, show-stopping dishes
- A dependable Tomato Sauce recipe, which serves as an important flavor basis for any dish, including spaghetti, of course. (This tomato sauce is THE secret ingredient to the Bacon Lovers’ Erlebnis speck-tacularness!)
- Banana Brot, an easy recipe that delivers again and again
One of the things I love about this little booklet is that each recipe has a hyperlink that sends you directly to a YouTube video. So, you have all the ingredients and a brief description on one page, but you can see the recipe in action! Just click on the link in the image below!